Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Poop Paparazzi Catches More Helpers In The Act

Let me tell you, it is so lovely when someone calls and asks if they may come scoop our poop. That very thing happened a few weeks back. One of my friends, Ashlee, called and asked if her children's 4H group could come out and do whatever we needed done.

It just so happened that we had a whole lot needing done. With October being pumpkin stand time and December being the Christmas Corral, there wasn't much poop being removed. Sure, the horses were still producing, but we were not there doing enough on our end. We are lucky that the horses were in a rather large pen, but still--the poop needed to go! Every time there is a new group out, I think they find the camera capturing their every pitchfork full a little odd. I press on.
This particular group was full of experienced scoopers. Several of the children have their own horses, so the piles didn't scare them any. One family brought a rake and their own poop wagons (good thing since two of ours were stolen), and the kind man pictured below brought his own tools. Talk about prepared. Talk about nice!
Max was pretty tortured watching the events unfold. In the very beginning he got a rake like he was going to participate, but he quickly changed his mind. Perhaps it was my nagging, but I choose to believe he came to his senses once he thought about things for a moment. A man with a healing sternum has no business raking and lifting. Instead of me taking all the pictures, Max took over my job for a bit. If you look in the group picture below, you can see yet another picture of me! Yep. I have turned over a new "I'll show pictures of myself" leaf. Now please stop your nagging, people! :)
This group worked so hard, I had to cut them off. I mean seriously, how many wagons full of poop does one group really think they should do? Excessive in the nicest of ways. Our new 4H friends, please come back any time you're needing another fix. You were an absolute pleasure (and huge help) to have out! Thank you!


I wanted to add a thanks, once again, to Patrick and Rosslyn for taking such great care of the trees at Galloping Grace. Just as we were getting ready to leave on Saturday morning, they showed up to water. This is a common occurrence with these two.

They don't seem to care if it's cold or windy--they just are on a mission to keep all our donated trees alive. Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without these two taking it upon themselves to handle this job. P & R, you're the best!!


I would like to happily announce that I made it an entire post without the desire to lie/tease/kid. I can now go to bed a proud, honest woman.

8 comments:

Pam said...

Proud of you Michelle, plus look how early it is. Way to go! You can get to bed at a decent time. Plus that was great of the group to come help.

Love ya Grandma Pam

Fantastyk Voyager said...

that's great!
I LOVE their little poop wagons. I need one of those for me!

Keri said...

I was in 4-H as a kid. I took cooking classes and sewing classes.... good memories.
It looks like you had a great group of helpers!
Good Job, BM Brigade!

Dan and Betty said...

OK, Michelle, the next step in your photo phobia recovery is to move from the back row to the front and take off your sunglasses.

Dan

Robin said...

Look, there you are in a picture. Now was that so bad?

TjandMark said...

An honest woman indeed.

Andrea said...

What great helpers!! And to have some that have experiance is great!! That makes the poop scooping go a bit faster!!

And I love the picture with the two wagons!!

Unknown said...

I want to know do they come out for Dog poo too? I try to be a good neighbor and get mine, but I do slack off sometimes. I sure wish I was in albuquerque to help out. My boys would love it!