Friday, February 20, 2009

Joyful

I thought I'd take you into the weekend with a few images that please me.

I was up on the trailer as this little cow was loaded. She and I shared a moment, a moment between two different species. I wish her nothing but the best out in that giant pasture. Maybe we'll meet again. Barbara and Mikki having a moment of their own. I love them both to pieces. Barbara is one of Grant's preschool teachers and was the teacher to Brooke, Garrett, and Claire when they were wee ones. Mikki is her amazingly sweet daughter whom my kids (and everyone else's that know her) adore. Every time they come out to the ranch, they work themselves silly. I hope they know how much we appreciate all they do for us. I think Grant was trying to tell us something. Perhaps it was something along the lines of "put me to bed--I'm little and I play hard while at the ranch. Someone needs to be a good parent and allow for my proper rest." The poor child fell asleep on the bench at our kitchen table. I really loved it when his older sissy Claire covered him up so he'd be warm as he slept. I felt a little bad removing him from the warmth that she created.
Happy weekend to you.

12 comments:

Regina said...

cute new sidebar pics! these ones arent too shabby either
r

Andrea said...

I love it when the kids fall asleep in weird places! Grant looks very comfy! My middle on fell asleep on my bedroom floor behind my treadmill last night. Boys!!

Keri said...

I really like the pictures on the side too! They make me smile and get all warm fuzzys. (It could be partly the coffee I'm chuggen', but just partly.) :)
I love old stuff. I love the old red gas pump.
Your preschool teacher (and daughter) are the best kind of society. (J.A.!)

Keri said...

I just realized that pump is in the next post! Opps!
I did feel your connection, Michelle, with the cow. What exactly was she saying to you? ... Here was knowledge in which no one could partake; and she was sensible that nothing less than a perfect understanding between the parties could justify her in throwing off this last incumbrance of mystery. (J.A)

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Who knew cows could be so cute? Another one for your book? Love the pictures and the ones you've added to the side are terrific :-)

Trish said...

Great pictures. I love pictures of people just being, Barb and Mikki and Grant are fanastic!

Pam said...

I love the pictures, Michelle...the ones in the blog and the ones in the sidebar. I applaud you for stepping out of your comfort zone to be on the other side of the lens. I'm sure your new assistant will enjoy taking pictures of his lovely wife along with his other subjects! ;)

Auntie Nee said...

Nice pics. They were cute.

Love Barb and all I have to say to Miki is:

"front to the front to the front my baby; back to the back to the back my baby, side to the side to the side my baby, this is how we do it."

love

Cindy said...

You remind me more and more of pioneer woman, getting on a personal level with the cows and all. Fun stuff.

So what are you doing making a blog post anyway? Get up here!

Anonymous said...

Are you ever hankering for a great apple pie? I have had a few in my many years on this planet and I must say Keri, a great friend to Michelle and a regular commentator on this blog make the best apple pie I have ever had, bar none. She was so kind to bring one over to the Wades and I was just lucky enough to be there at the time. If you live anywhere close to her it would be well worth any price in my opinion to have her rustle one up for you.

JuJu

Dan and Betty said...

Great pictures as usual Michelle. You really do have a talent and a good eye - which I guess are both the same.

Well done.

Dan

TjandMark said...

It is nice stopping by. The other ranch with cows looks pretty special as are all of you.