Mary sent a couple emails expressing interest in helping Galloping Grace obtain grants. Unbelievable--a person who specifically wanted to assist us in this area, a most dreaded thought on my part. The last thing I would be interested in would be writing letters or figuring out how to ask others for money. Not my new friend Mary. She is a regular go-getter! The first wise thing I did after receiving her email was to forward it on to Trish. Since that day, they have communicated regularly about all things grants.
Mary has a friend in Colorado who volunteers at a youth ranch by specifically writing letters requesting grants. What are the odds for us?! Mary thought, "I think I can help in just the same way."
This morning Mary and Trish headed to Sam's Club with the mission of requesting a grant. Mary heard that they had funds available, so she figured they should give it a whirl. I just love it when whirling works out!! In less than a month, we should have a check from Sam's Club in the amount of $1000 to be used in whatever way we see fit!!! Woo hoo!
Mary, you're the best! Thanks to you and Trish for taking it upon yourselves to request money in our honor. I think with the money received from Sam's, the three of us should go on some vacation together. Wouldn't that be a blast? We need to celebrate your success. I kid! We will be responsible stewards of such a fine donation.
How about lunch? (I can't seem to stop myself.)
What a very happy Friday this was.
7 comments:
At least you should get Mary and Trisha some lunch!
That is so great and what a blessing.
Excellent! Good job Mary and Trish. Oh, and Sam, too!
Good for you! I never knew that Sam's Club did that. It certainly pays to have good friends, doesn't it.
Having someone like Mary to write grants is truly a blessing.
Good for you Mary.
Dan
Darn, when I saw this post I got all excited that it was about me. Then my hopes were dashed. ;)
What a blessing!
I humbly believe I received way too much credit here. The Lord uses each of us in different ways and this was just my use. I have some other ideas we can pursue, you people are just the best and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. God guide us all
Mary
Post a Comment