Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Can't Stand It No Moo!

If there are any new readers to this blog, a little explanation for you. Although the title is Galloping Grace Youth Ranch, I post pictures and stories from our family cattle ranch from time to time. It probably doesn't make sense, but I'm hoping that's OK.

Someone went off and had heart surgery and now thinks he can steal my one area of importance to the ranch--my identity, if you will! Just look at him getting down and dirty in order to get great shots! The nerve! I think Grant was a fan. I'll try and post some of his winners tomorrow so you can see what I am being forced to contend with.

Max also took these shots of poor cows with cactus stuck on their faces.
I'll have to make sure I include these images in my book Why I Would Hate Being a Cow!
So far, it is quite extensive!
Just the thought that they lack thumbs and now must walk around with prickly items stuck to their faces. I know there are plenty of people out there who eat cactus, but to chew on the thorny parts?! Most definitely not my cup of tea.
Thank you God for making me a human! I'm sure you knew the other cows would not be able to put up with my whining and complaining and lack of ability to put up with cold weather conditions.
I think I'll head off and brush my teeth now...just because I can.

(Matt S., you sweet saddle gifter, you--Happy Birthday!! ) :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's call it beginners luck with his pictures. Don't feel alone.........I was intimidated as well.

Keri said...

I'm with you, Michelle. I'm thankful I'm not a cow as I would have to spend all my time COWering!

Dan and Betty said...

Hey, he's not bad. You better brush up on your riding skills!

Dan

Andrea said...

Ouch, those poor cows! Can you imagine being the momma cow? Double ouch!!!

Cute pictuers, and I hate it when my husband steals my camera and takes better pictures than I do. Sigh......

TjandMark said...

Actually, my favorite photo of this blog is the first one. I love the way it captures a different view of Max. I suppose you took that one? Nice.

Auntie Nee said...

Don't worry Shelly, you will always be my photo girl!!!

Happy Birthday Matt!!!

Anonymous said...

While it doesn't look all that fun to have a cactus stuck to your face, I have to say those cows are on the cutting edge of the fashion scene. I am pretty sure I have seen pictures of Beyonce with the same earings that those cows are sporting...

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

Your new camera is amazing!!!