
Max said these people were incredible! He was flabbergasted at how much work they got done. (I am flabbergasted that he remember to take so many pictures!)
Do you see the man operating the saw and jamming on his 1990's ear phones? That's Randy. He has been beyond generous with his time and money! Randy, thank you so much for supporting Galloping Grace like you have! Thanks for bringing out 25 of your super terrific friends as well!
These sweet people not only worked for quite a few hours, but they brought out their own lunches. That is such a relief to me!
It's too bad I can't tell you this nice looking lady's name. I could ask Max, but he's sound asleep while I type about the event he experienced. I hope he's having sweet dreams and getting lots of important rest. I'll be sure to be real quiet when I finally join him in bed.
These volunteers even scooped poop--and cheerfully! Max said they were so great doing whatever he asked. Max told me they loaded the back of his pick-up and a huge trailer with trash! Usually when he makes a dump run, it costs about $8. Today when he took the load created by the United Way volunteers, it cost $85. While I'm being thankful, thanks to Gary, Darren, and Chris for helping Max take all the scrap wood, trash, shingles, etc. to the dump! He really appreciated your help.
United Way friends--you are incredible! Thanks for all you do serving the public on a daily basis, and thanks especially for what you did at Galloping Grace! Please come back when you can relax and ride horses. (Oh, and scoop some more poop!) :)
One more thing--I thought I'd include a picture I took today of Hank since I'm feeling a little guilty (not at all) I teased you with the impostor golden retriever on Tuesday's post. 
10 comments:
well, my favorite pix is the last one - what a little baby! Awwww!
BIG WORD ALERT- schadenfreude
good one shelly
it was nice to see hanky-poo. what a cute puppy
quite a little tinge of schadenfreude, actually. i, too, feel guilty about it and i don't ever want anyone to be hurt or even fall - just maybe a balance check here or there or a small step on the landing, a mere 10th of a point deduction (or 2)...but i LOVE the Olympics and gymnastics is my fave - i was sooo proud of those girls last night!!!!!
GO USA!!
lis
How wonderful to have had all that help! They can come here next!! :) Hank is getting big! I love big dogs. We have just lost our big Lab dog. He ran away. I am about to get out my trusty old horse and look back in a field where they were cutting sugar cane. Hopfully he didn't get caught under some equipment. Hank is adorable.
oh, and thank you to all the great helpers out there - i suppose i should comment on the actual point of your post :)
lis
What a great turn-out! I'm glad for you and GG.
Good to see so much help out there!
I too do feel brief, fleeting moments of schadenfreude. One such moment...during the girl's all around finals that you spoke of. Remember, early on vault when the Chinese girl fell flat on her buttocks? Yep, schadenfreude. So proud of the US girls! Can't wait for both men's and womens individual competitions. Look for Sasha to rock the pommels at the men's competition! If he's on that night, he should score big...another USA Gold!
GO TEAM USA!!! (By the way, these late nights are KILLING me!)
Oh yeah, I'm up to my ears in schadenfreude. ;)
Thank you for your spoiler alert. I finally watched it tonight. It was awesome. But those Russian girls were amazing on the floor, I thought. I find the judging confusing sometimes.
I'm a total Olympic gymnastics fanatic. See, our worlds aren't so different! :)
Ahh, I feel better now being all caught up reading your posts!! Wonderful and busy times you have had. Blessings to you and your precious family, Tammie
The WOD is:
schadenfreude!
Post a Comment