Are you aware there are people out there (Dena) who travel to gourmet bakeries to obtain treats for their dogs? It's true! These same people also make sure their dogs eat only dog food--
healthy dog food and absolutely NO human grub. If I ponder this too long, I can start to feel a little guilty. How many times has Hank successfully gulped down whole slices of pizza or sandwiches left by Grant as he wanders off to swing? What about all those tasty morsels Hank has found as he investigates the trash can? Poor little guy is probably in need of a quadruple bypass already, and he's only 4 1/2 months old.
Oh wait. We
do provide all natural, fresh delicacies for our canine. I
am a good dog owner. Please see for yourself.


YUM-MY!!! When Hank's belly is round with repletion, he moves on to a "bone." Smart puppy--it must be his fine breeding.
Unlike some dog owners, I'm all about reducing my carbon footprint. (If you don't count the Yukon XL I drive or the four children I birthed.) Why would I buy rawhide bones at the store (wasting gas) when there are perfectly good chunks of horse hooves all over the place! 
Happy dog, happy planet.
I hope your weekend is superb.
12 comments:
Actually, horse hooves are a pretty good source of calcium. However, my guess is you didn't smell his breath after he ate it. Usually they stink to high heaven.
Wait until he starts chowing down on manure.
Dan
maybe you should sale the horse toenails at the fancy dog bakery!
I like that word...repletion.
That is one adorable pup. I can't think too hard about chewing horse hooves, though, or I might yak. :)
Thanks for your ego-boosting note earlier! You are a peach! :)
sam, i, too, am a fan of repletion.
michelle, you replete me :)
love
Dan, he's not chowing down on pudding.
Keri, you're always thinkin'!
Sam, you deserve all the ego-boosting I can dish out!
Lisa, ditto my sweet word mate!
also - love that you're reducing your carbon footprint!! every little bit helps :)
lis
Are you suggesting that I should let my sweet little Yorkie, Max eat horse poo or hooves??? Thanks, but No Thanks. We'll stick to our hoity-toity homemade puppy treats. (At least they don't make his breath bad.)
I do appreciate you helping to "reduce your carbon footprint" by allowing Hank to consume the foods he does, but I do drive a minivan after all...not a huge Suburban. That should help offset things. :)
So much love for you!!!
Have to agree with Sam and anonymous (aka Lisa)...like your word choice today...reletion...good one!
I love that last one!! Hank is getting so big! I can't believe it. Dogs love to eat horse poop, why? Mine love it too. And slap my hand because I just dumped the rest of our pan from dinner all over my dogs food bowl. :)
I love dirty dogs. My older dog eats horse hooves too and then throws them up all night long. I guess he can't hold them down. Good country dog.
I like Keri's idea, horse hooves for dog treats. Hey it might work. People actually buy pig ears. LOL
I thought about your post today. I was letting my dogs run today and what did they find but some natural nutrition. I couldn't help but laugh. By the way, my wife and I were house parents for a local girls home, Still Creek Boys and Girls Home. It was probably one of the most challenging things we have done, but one of the most rewarding.
Michelle, You crack me up!! Remind me to never let Hank give me a lick..heaven only knows WHAT he'll have just finished eating!!
Now that is more like it - the real Hank! What a cutie!
The word is: repletion.
Forget the horse hooves! I say start making little dog "pies" if you know what I mean!? wink wink The dogs would go crazy! Our dogs are always bringing little pieces of "pie" up to the lawn. I guess they think it's good fertilizer!!
I love the balloons ! Sweet picture!
Post a Comment