Sunday, August 3, 2008

T-Shirts

Well, it's Sunday just after midnight. In my mind, that's the perfect time to show the winning design for our Wade Ranch t-shirts. Last year we started the tradition of letting children design the art work for our annual shirts. This year there were several pictures that would have made an excellent winner. I had about fifteen people give me their votes for their favorite front and back. This takes the pressure off me deciding who the winner should be. Brilliant, huh? Oh, and fair. Just because I like something doesn't everyone else will.

This year there was a pretty clear cut winner for the back.

Mikki L. drew a picture of three cowboys sitting on a fence. The artist at the printing shop liked her drawing so much he just scanned it into his computer and used it as it was. Mikki, excellent work! I hope you can see the detail on this front design modeled by my niece, Jessie. It really is so cute and creative. Miki C. (yes they are both named Mikki/Miki) came up with this adorable idea. Our brand is the "w" and an open "a." Miki took the "a" and made it a calf's bottom. Miki, congratulations on your winning entry that I happen to love so very much.

I wanted to thank all the artists who took the time to submit an entry. There were some excellent ideas! I cannot wait to see what gets turned in next year.

Have a great week.

7 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

Really cool. I definitely want to reserve a room for Betty and me next year so we can get a t-shirt.

Dan

Tammy Staley said...

That's so cute! Mikki is so talented, I'm jealous. Even her dry erase board work is amazing. I might have to actually make a visit just so I can get a cool t-shirt!

Andrea said...

What a fun idea to have the kids design the shirts!! When we come to brand cattle for our family vacation next year, can we buy shirts too!!!

Anonymous said...

cute, cute - good job kids! good job judges!

l

Keri said...

Excellent work.....and how neat! Wish I was a cowgirl!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shirts as always. Half the fun is seeing the latest and greatest color choice and wonderful designs. Amazing talents and creativity. It's amazing to think how young they are! Thanks to both Mikki and Miki we truly love sporting their designs around town. When we wear them it help keep you all close in our minds and hearts.
Your Boston Buddies

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Those two have a promising future in Graphic Design!

I love the front AND back designs! :)