Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Perfect Ten

Our little Grant will start preschool this year. Unbelievable really. Tonight was the potluck dinner designed to help the kids become familiar with the preschool. It is also a time for certain cowboys to practice their high bar routines.

The following images were taken by our friend Chase while he played with my camera. Chase, I don't think I can thank you enough for capturing just how talented my husband is. I will cherish these shots all my days. I, obviously, am not the only person in our family who dreams of being an Olympic athlete. My husband not only dreams of being great, but he takes steps in achieving his dreams.
Although there is definitely a disparate quality to the gymnastics performed by Max and say, Jonathan Horton, he is a breath of fresh air to all the near flawless performances in Beijing.

Enjoy seeing yet another side of Cowboy Max. You can see him here gaining momentum. Garrett is watching in amazement. Who knew his father could perform such tricks...and in public... while wearing boots and a cowboy hat!?This one was a bit of a mess. I think the judges would take off big time for his legs coming apart like that. Yikes! It's a good thing it happened so fast. I think the spectators at the preschool didn't even notice. In fact, I think they were too shocked that there was a cowboy performing a high bar routine to even care. Please note the exceptional form in the picture above. His feet are together, toes pointed out. It just doesn't get much better than that. I love seeing Cambria and Claire foolishly hanging out below the action. I'm going to pause and thank God they didn't get hurt during his routine. (Thanks God!) Here he is beginning a tricky release move. His smile says it all--success! All we have left is the dismount.... And I'm sure he stuck it. Good job, honey!

I'm feeling a little sorry for myself right now. No, not because I have to report for jury duty in the morning (Wednesday). I'm just sad that I will probably miss watching Max read this post. I know he'll be so proud.

14 comments:

Tammy Staley said...

Too funny! It was a lot of fun watching Max's routine.
I'm impressed that you've already got your photos downloaded and posted. I haven't even touched mine yet.
Thanks too for the ones of my Deucie, I'm shocked he smiled at you.
If I have any good pics of Max's gymnastics I'll send 'em to ya!

Anonymous said...

Max, we know that great new gym that's almost finished in Rio Rancho. It would be very convenient for you. Plus, Ty would love having a new gym buddy to hang out with. ;)


Is "disparate" the word of the day???

Anonymous said...

That was priceless! If only the horses could see their Cowboy Max performing on the high bar for all of the world to see :) He might have grown up in size but it's nice to know that he is still a kid at heart:) I really think that you should take Dena up on her offer to be Ty's gym buddy. I bet he could show you some new moves to spice it up a little bit:) Maybe doing a complete circle over the bar, ending with a backward flip? With practice, I'm sure you will eventually get the landing right ;o)

Auntie Nee said...

I give it a 14.75. The release skills still need a little work. Just kidding. That was AMAZING MAX!!!

WOTD: disparate

Samantha said...

Not only is he a stone cold fox, but talented as all get out! No doubt we'll be seeing him in the individuals for high bar. ;)

Train Wreck said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen! I love it, how great that your husband plays around with the kiddos! I love that about my husband too! You live in NM!?! I will have to pop in one day! It's only about 3 hrs away! Neighbor!

Train Wreck said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen! I love it, how great that your husband plays around with the kiddos! I love that about my husband too! You live in NM!?! I will have to pop in one day! It's only about 3 hrs away! Neighbor!

Regina said...

um, what exactly does this have to do with the ranch? i thought you had previously said only things pertaining to the ranch would be posted yet here you are inflating an ego, using disparate rules. not complaining, just saying.
r

The Wades said...

Regina,

I don't remember exactly when I said only things pertaining to the youth ranch would be posted. Please refresh me. (not saying it didn't happen--I just want to see so I can follow my own rules.) I know I do break this rule all the time, if it does exist. But, this particular post does pertain to GG. Max is the founder. It shows the readers yet another side of his personality. Plus, like I mentioned in the post, he was wearing cowboy hat and boots. Ranch all the way, baby!

Keri said...

I think that Max's athletic abilities are very pertinent to GG Ranch. Let's say he has to do a twisting dismount from a horse to clobber one of those snakes seen in an earlier post.....

Andrea said...

LOL!! That is too funny, and I do have to admit he did have good form in some of those shots!! LOL!!

Trailboss said...

Looks like a future Olympic gold medal is in order. Or not.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh Wow! Such talent! I'm impressed. hehe

Isn't it great to be such a kid at heart....to feel young and act young.
It's no wonder the kids crowd around him all day long. What a joyful spirit :)

Unknown said...

Too funny!
disparate