Monday, August 18, 2008

The Party I Never Saw

Anyone remember when my refrigerator decided it was through living? The day our new one was delivered was a day Carri (Taz) had her son Gabriel's birthday party at GG. I thought I was going to be able to make it in time to enjoy a little of the party and get a few pictures. Wasn't meant to be. Not fifteen minutes after the delivery men left, I got a phone call saying the man who would be installing our new blinds wanted to come over right then. It was probably a blessing it worked out that way. You see, Carri's husband is a real life, professional photographer. Why torture myself and take pictures the same time he is? I couldn't just blame the bright sun or the cloudy morning. Alex knows how to correct those problems. Alex knows how to use his camera. Alex took the following:




Cochise was looking pretty awesome this time. Sam, more horse painting for you. Don't try and understand it--just go with it. The practice might be a little spoony, but the kids sure seem to love it. What a show off! So what if Alex's pictures are clear and void of squiggly lines and dots?! Big whoop if the lighting is perfect?!I'd like to see Alex take one of these winners with my dirty lens.

Actually, I'd like to thank Carri and Alex for providing me with beautiful pictures showing a really nice day. Thanks, guys! We hope you enjoyed.


Jury update (because you all care)--This morning I sat in a room for 2 1/2 hours with my fellow jurors. At 11 AM, the door opened and a lady told us we were free to go for the day. I do not have to report for Tuesday. We'll see what Wednesday brings. I'd like to point out what a great use the state of NM gets out of our tax dollars. There must have been 70 people doing absolutely nothing, being paid to do it, for 2 1/2 hours. Oh, and don't forget the reimbursements for gas. I know there is a reason for things in our judicial system, but really?? Garrett, from my descriptions, has helped me rename jury duty-- boring duty. Pretty cute. On the plus side, I enjoyed my Reader's Digest this morning.


Have a good one.

9 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

How fun for the kids to have their birthday parties at the Ranch!!! My boys would LOVE that!

So, did you not use Regina's suggestions to get out of the jury duty?? :)

I'm guessing the Word of the Day is spoony?? Maybe??

Auntie Nee said...

Looked like a good time at GG. Hope everyone had fun.


wotd: spoony

Dan and Betty said...

Yeah, good pictures, but your pictures have that extra quality that only comes from a unique artistic touch - and a dirty lens.

Dan

Andrea said...

Those two boys just have to be the cutest ever!

Great pictures, and yours are good too. Looks like they all had a blast.

That kind of paint do you use on the horses. It looks like some fun.

Keri said...

That makes me long to paint horses!

Train Wreck said...

How aswesome! What a great idea "Paint horses" You are so creative! What a great ranch you have! You are a true blessing!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh wow! The kids did a fantabulous job with the horse painting.
The Rainbow and Dragon Butt were my faves.

What kind of paint did you use?

I just gave my horse a bath, but I think it would be fun to let my kids paint her one day soon.

How do the horse like it? They look pretty relaxed at your place.

Shelly said...

So painting horses. Wow, i've never seen that! looks like fun... for the kids!

Unknown said...

Is it spoony?