Sunday, August 17, 2008

Go Fly A Kite

My nephew Bryce wasn't at our family ranch ten minutes before I heard him ask his friend, "Hey, do you want to fly a kite?" I love seeing the boys have such a good time while the cows calmly graze in the background. It reminds me just how lucky my kids are getting to experience life away from the city. At the ranch, the kids don't have to ask if they may go outside. We don't have to plan a trip to the park to fly a kite--they can just walk out the door and enjoy. They get to experience a melange of experiences that they wouldn't trade for anything.
But what the cows must think!
Happy Monday to you!

I am to report to jury duty by 8:30 AM. I will do so cheerfully and hope for a fun day.

13 comments:

Regina said...

dont forget to give your melange of excuses to get out of jury duty:
you are a racist, you believe in every stereotype, you think Hitler was just misunderstood, and you think the death penalty is under utilized...fry 'em all
that should get you outta there lickity split
r

Jessica Gordon said...

Argh! Regina beat me by 10 minutes.. I was going to say melange :o)

Great Photos!

Jessica Gordon said...

ok... so I guess she beat me by an hour and 10 minutes. ;) It's only 12:55 here! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a "good" day of jury duty. :)

melange

Trish said...

Maybe you'll get a really fun case you can blog about did you bring your camera for a melange of pictures.

Keri said...

do you tip cows over?

Samantha said...

Seriously? The word of the day is my favorite word ever? Have you ever noticed how often I say "melange?" It's just too perfect. ;)

How perfect for the Olympics...did you know kites were invented in China? :)

Andrea said...

Good luck at jury duty. I love what regina said, LOL! I can think of a melange of ways to get out of it! :) I love that kite! That is one serious air plane! Very cool. I love living in the country too.

Auntie Nee said...

melange. Hope regina's comments get you out

love

Dan and Betty said...

Yep, hang 'em all. You know they're guilty.

Dan

Laughing Orca Ranch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laughing Orca Ranch said...

(I had to delete the previous post. My spelling was terrible!)

This is the same why my family feels now that we have moved out of the city. We have no traffic, very little noise, lots of nature, and wide open spaces to roam and play.
We don't have as much space as you all, but more than our previous home's concrete walled in backyard surrounded by neighbors with houses close enough to touch.

Hey! That is NOT a kite! It's a model plane! Amazing!

How do the horses like it? I wouldn't worry about the cows, but if my horse saw that she'd run to the other end of her pasture. hehe

Unknown said...

The word is: melange