Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We've Moved----->

Hot diggity dog--I did it! I did my first post on the new site. With my new-found confidence and knowledge, I guess it is time to bid this blogger site adieu. I'm not going to remove this blog because I'm too sentimental, but new posts will now be found at ggyr.org. Some thoughts as I depart:
  • Sniff, sniff--Blogger, you've been mighty good to me. Thanks for the free posting privileges.
  • Cindy, thank you for working countless hours creating the perfect site for us. We love it and all the beautiful details (did you see "Meet Our Horses" tab?) you've poured in. Cute stuff!! We love you and cannot thank you enough!
  • Kurt, thanks for creating and maintaining our former website these last two years. You came to us offering your services, free of charge, and really got the ball rolling by getting GGYR into the website world. We appreciate you patience, advice, hard work and friendship! We could not have done it without you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
  • Readers, I know change is hard for some of us. I usually complain and kick and whine when I see someone has started a new blog when I am already used to their old one. Take comfort in the fact that I know your pain. But, this new site will be a great thing for me and the ranch in general. It will be so much easier to steer people to ONE location instead of saying, "Well, the website is. . . and the blog is . . ." ggyr.org and we're done!
  • When (ha!) you leave a comment on the new site for the first time, your comment will not appear until I approve it. After that happens, your future comments should appear right away.
  • Cindy imported almost all the posts from this blog into the new one including comments.
  • That being said, if you happen to come back here and comment for some reason, I'll still get an email alert from Blogger.
  • Big pictures! Fun.
  • Change is good. Let's go out and embrace it.
Wonder if this sets the record for the longest post telling people to update their bookmarks to a new site?!

Remember, ggyr.org. I'll see you there.


7 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

One more comment for old time's sake. Change is hard, but usually for the better in most cases.

Dan

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awww...man! Do we hafta? I like it here! wah!

I just have to whine a little. lol!

Sounds like some helpful changes for you, and sometimes change is good.....after we all get used to it anyway. hehe!

~Lisa

TjandMark said...

I just wonder if I can still hook it up in my blog follower here. I am only a click away from trying. Congrats on a great new site.

Samantha said...

I, for one, needed all that emotional preparation, and perhaps more. ;)

Thanks for being so thorough, and congrats on the new site!

Unknown said...

I will continue to follow on the new site. I say turn this one into a book at BLOG2PRINT. I just got 4 books from there of my blogs and they are just fab and so worth the money!!!

Anonymous said...

page rank tool learn seo backlink service backlinking

Anonymous said...

gdhhhhhh