I'm still here. Instead of learning the ropes on how to leave you, I spent the entire day being part of the team that picked 2500 lbs. of grapes at Roy (Max's bro) and Beth's (sis-in-law) vineyard. Yep, my college education at work once again. Pretty soon I'll use it even more lugging pumpkins around.
So Blogger, enjoy me for the short time I'm still here, for soon I will be a big girl, proficient and proud of my new skills on our blogsite. Once there, I will tell our readers all about the weird object shown a couple posts back and Cancer Comfort at the Corral--both worthy stories in their own right.
Right now I am off to remove grape juice and dirt from my forearms and baby spiders from my hair.
Love,
Michelle
If you are a wine drinker, please take a moment after your next sip of the vino to appreciate the hands that picked the grapes. As fun as it is to snip away, it is very tiring work. Our whole crew agreed that we were more exhausted after picking grapes than after branding at our family cattle ranch. Now that's saying something!
Salud.
9 comments:
Sure,,, but was anyone gored, crushed, rope-burned, snotted-on, injected with black leg vaccine, branded, or castrated in the place of the intended calf? I thought not. mark
Whoa! That's a lot of grapes! I didn't know Roy had a vineyard. Sounds like fun but lots of work!
And as far as the college degree, I am using mine very effectively as well. I think about it each time I am changing a diaper! LOL!
That's a gorgeous photo of the grapes. What's this about you leaving your blog???
Oh and I forgot to ask, did you do the "I Love Lucy" thing where you smooshed the grapes with your feet afterward to make wine???
I think a Galloping Grace Youth Ranch wine would be super.
Dan
amen. I feel like I got hit by a truck. Picking grapes is way harder than branding. Although, branding is still hard.
yes, sip your wine peeps! SIP. and next time you SIP your milagro corrales white, remember those of us who hand picked that vino you are enjoying!
Think I'll go have a glass of wine in your honor. Where can I find some of that Corrales Milagro?
i'm sorry but i have to disagree grape picking can't be harder than working on the ranch! miss you all so much.
Sounds like an experience. Do you get to walk/smash on them afterwards? Where can I find this Milagro Corrales White?
Post a Comment