Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saloon

One day we had two visitors show up at the ranch. Their names were Frank and Maddy. Maddy was interested in volunteering for us. (Which she has done consistently since that day.) Frank was along for the ride. As we got to chatting, I discovered Frank used to be a home builder. I jokingly asked him if he wanted to build a play house for us.

Fast forward many months to this beautiful sight. And this one. Mr. Amazing Frank whipped up the most adorable saloon this side of the Mississippi! And if you've been out to the ranch since his masterpiece was finished, you can attest to how popular it is with the youngsters. How could it not be with all all the wild games of poker, piano playin', and belling up to the bar! Good times, folks. Isn't it so cute?! Frank, we sure appreciate your handy work! Saloon don't get any better than ours. Thank you kindly.



And if that wasn't enough wood working for GGYR, his wife commissioned him to make two signs to hang--one for the obstacle course and one for the arena.

I've said it before, I'll say it again--

Our volunteers are the best!!

Hey America--Happy Independence Day!

6 comments:

nicole said...

that saloon is just the cutest thing ever! i misss you all and lexi and i are counting down the days til we come out

Melissa said...

Hooray for the Saloon, it is for sure a big hit with the kids!

Thanks Frank and Maddy!

Dan and Betty said...

OK, when does he start on the barn, or the arena, or, or, or...

Just kidding. Thanks for all the hard work, Frank.

Dan

TjandMark said...

Wow. I say that a lot at your site because I am amazed by all the wonderful things that are happening. Almost makes me want to move to New Mexico!

Coach Mom said...

Your volunteers ARE the best! And, my kids just love playing at the Saloon.

LEXI said...

I LOVE THE IDEA OF THE SALOON, IT CAME OUT SO GREAT!!!!!!