For my husband, with love. (As if he'll read it without my prodding. Hmph!) Come with me on a walk down memory lane. (If you have nothing better to do. I warn you--this is close to home movie watchin'.)
I found a memory card in my desk last week. It was almost like the old days finding a roll of film and not having a clue what was on it. Imagine my delight when I saw my scruffy little muffins back in 2006.

These were taken at our family cattle ranch where we find hair brushing over rated. These were also the days before I became neurotic over helmet usage. (GGYR, thanks for teaching me that.)

Max took the kids out into a pasture by the bunkhouse for a little riding.

This picture (below) is one of my favorites of Claire. The joy on her face is something else. Sniff sniff.

And Miss Brooke's crazy hair here--awesome! This picture also makes me sniff because these were the days Buck was in his glory. He was so great for the kids to ride. Now, he barely limps along eating his food. Max is thinking the time might be near to put him down. His quality of life has really declined.

Love it!

Garrett and Bob. Cute! I love the hay hanging out of Bob's mouth. He was one of the only horses I ever wanted to ride. I'm not sure how the whole story goes, but the last I heard he had a terrible eye injury, went to another ranch, and then died. Details could be a bit off but still. Sniff again.
This post is turning into a downer.

Oh look--a precious grin.

Ahh, my sweet, goofy baby! He LOVED riding with his daddy.

I remember thinking how crazy to see my children old enough to ride in a pasture with their daddy. And now??? It's four years later and they are riding maniacs who went on two cattle drives this weekend--the one today was in drizzling rain the entire time. (And Grant still stayed back with his mama.)



My super fast growing Wade kids, I love you so very much! I am excited to see all the wonderful things you will be doing four years from now.
14 comments:
How precious! I love to find old photos. Just yesterday Greg found some old pictures of Zach when he was 4 years old. Totally made me cry. Where did that little guy go?
Wonderful pictures. You have some great kids and they have some great opportunities. It's been a joy for Betty and me to be a small part of your lives.
Dan
This is an awesome posting! It just puts in perspective how the day to day life seems slow moving, but in reality it flies by! What cuties you have!
soooooo sweet. hug those babies!
What a great post! It's amazing to see how much they've changed (and stayed the same). What a loveable bunch!
Adorable! See, now I have to dig out the old photos of my kids, just to take a peek!
love you - be safe out there!
I love looking at old pics. It's true, kids grow so fast. My oldest will be going to kindergarten this year...how did that happen!?
Great pics, Michelle. Thanks for sharing!
Preious precious precious
i love these...totally made me teary :) love both the baby versions and the big kid versions of those kiddos - you make awfully sweet babies
lisa
Memory Lane is quite sweet.
I think you should start 'memory lane monday' or 'monthly memory lane' or something like that.
look how many comments you get!
love
super cute!! we miss them. COME VISIT!!
r
What precious children! So fun to see them on horses then and now. They grow WAY too fast.
:)
Even the sad bits have joy imbedded in them.
Reminds me of my sisters, growing up.
Post a Comment