I told Max we need to start letting the children help clean saddles. He liked the idea. However, sometimes what we want is not necessarily what's going to happen at GGYR. Others just might have a contrary opinion--a strong one at that!
I was walking by the tack room when I happened upon De and Maddy cleaning saddles. I said, "Oh wow, Max and I talked about letting the kids do that as a chore."
I must take a pause from this riveting narrative and give you a little background on De pictured above. Let's just say she has taken this whole make the tack room orderly project her baby. That lady runs a tight ship. Shovels can now be seen residing with fellow shovels. Rakes are hung in an orderly fashion. Fly spray here. Dewormer there.
We laugh about it.
We obey!
When I mentioned this potential chore as a dandy ol' idea, De barely looked up from her saddle soap when she announced, "Nope. I clean the saddles." Well, OK then.
I always do have piles and piles of laundry to fold. . .
On the criminal scene, Max chatted with the code enforcement officer for the City of Rio Rancho. He let Max know their office has dropped the criminal charges against us since the water line construction has begun!! Oh happy day! Happy things are rolling along and happy that we were lucky enough to get a code enforcement officer who has shown patience with us through this long process. He didn't have to been as understanding as he's been. Our court date should now be cancelled.
6 comments:
Yippee on the court cancellation and it looks like you have a great saddle cleaner there. I will have to think of some more chores for ya. Hmmmm.
Thanks De and Maddie. Good news on the water front, but I was hoping to see Max in jail house orange -- probably not his color;)
Dan
that is awesome that you guys are finally able to put in water lines! also lexi is already starting to countdown today is two eeks and 5 days. we are so excited to see you all!!!
What great volunteers you have! So exciting about the water - post pics of the progress!
Grumble, grumble, grumble and pout. Drats, Max taint gonna be doing the Saturday Chain Gang one foot shuffle....Or will he?
Sure hope the Judge knows about the change of Heart... Max, if you don't believe me, just misplace the Neatsfoot Oil in the Tack Room and find out what happens.
"De" arm of the Judge will be ruthless, relentless and swift.
Yep, your Court House day is done when you get that piece of paper from the Clerk of the Court dismissing the Charge. Hope you get it before your appointed Court Date (should have been Calandered at your plea hearing}.
In the Court House (just like the Tack Room} your chore is not done until Judge says so. I would hate to hear that "De" Judge got real "Maddy" at you for not attending to your Legal Chores.
we are so excited to see you all. it is great that u can put in the water lines! :)
Post a Comment